A limited amount of low interest loan finance is being made available by Bristol City Council to householders who meet certain qualifying criteria via its partner Wessex Loans.
A summary of the loan details are as follows:
- The loan is available to home owners and private landlords.
- The owner must have agreed to improvements.
- The maximum loan for landlords is £15,000 per property and will be limited to a maximum of five properties per landlord.
- For Landlords the maximum term is 5 years on a capital and Interest repayment loan.
- The maximum loan is for home owners is £15,000 and the maximum term of the loan is 15 years.
- A reduced rate is offered to eligible home owners that are at risk of being in fuel poverty.
- Renewable energy products are excluded from the loan
- Owners must have sufficient equity in their property to cover the agreed loan.
- All customers will be assessed on affordability and offered the appropriate product type to meet their financial circumstances.
We'll discuss the loan with you and will make a referral at the quotation stage if you decide to apply. You will then be contacted to undertake a financial assessment before the loan can be agreed.
For more information, visit the Wessex Home Improvement loan website or ring 0182 346 2048.
You can also contact your local Private Housing Team in Bristol on 0117 352 5010.
West of England Care & Repair
A financial assessment will be carried out to determine whether financial support (in the form of charitable fundraising) may be available. This service is for people who are over 60 and disabled people of all ages. West of England Care and Repair's service extends all the way from completing minor repairs, such as draft proofing your home or repairing a leaking tap, through to help when you leave hospital or advice on adapting your home. Find out more about Care and Repair at their website.